Since starting in the profession in 1994 Abdul has been involved in a significant number of long and complex criminal trials in the Crown Court. Abdul has been a Duty Solicitor since 2001 and is also a Supervisor for the purposes of the Specialist Fraud Panel.
He attained his Higher Courts (Criminal Proceedings) Qualification in 2006 and has since been an Advocate in local and national Crown Courts.
He has been led by prominent Queens Counsel in numerous high profile cases.
Abdul also heads the firm’s caseload in relation to the Very High Cost Case Fraud Panel.
He has a wealth of experience and is a highly respected Solicitor Advocate.
- £350 million money laundering which was one of the first notable cases both in the Crown
- Court and Court of Appeal under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002.
- Conspiracy to Defraud: Representing a Defendant who was a designer to the late pop-star Michael Jackson.
- Causing three deaths by dangerous driving.
- Gangland Contract killings.
- Murders involving the Defence of diminished responsibility.
- Conspiracy to import and supply Class A drugs.
- Conspiracies to supply/possess firearms involving high calibre semi/automatic weapons.
- Conspiracies to rob post offices, Securicor vans, leisure complexes etc.
- Conspiracies involving sexual offences.
- Conspiracy to assist in the illegal entry of hundreds of immigrants into the UK.
- Conspiracy to exploit labour/human trafficking. One of the first cases prosecuted under the
- Asylum & Immigration (Treatment of Claimants) Act 2004.
- Health & Safety Executive Prosecution both in the Crown Court and Court of Appeal.
All of the above cases were widely reported.